"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Just My F...luck...

So... Today I had dinner with my mom at 1 Utama. Ironically it was originally meant to be a dinner and movie with my Rayn but her mom conveniently fell ill, again. I decided that I should make a little investment in helping myself with designs by acquiring materials for reference. I picked two books which were pretty good. One being business type layouts and another on website templates. They had rather good simple and interesting ideas I could have used for work. The stupid thing was that they were the only copies left and they were badly damaged. According to the noob stuff there anyway. He had to ask his colleague on how to work the computer.

I am going through a crappy phase in life right now which includes my direction in life, my work, my relationship and even the game I play. Imagine that. It is like some sick joke where I was given those and it was intentionally taken away from me as some sort of taunt and insult. Well this is really a simple and mild form of wrapping up my absence from posting.

An interesting thing I saw in MPH though, there was this magazine which was called Prestige Malaysian Lifestyle or something like that; the words were not laid out straight so I may have gotten the sequence of those three words wrong. It had a pretty vacant and too spaced out lay out on the cover with poor choice of font combination and arrangement. The content itself was not any better. The models were double yoo tee eff too but that is something else altogether. This got me thinking, how can the person who designed it actually get away with his/her work being published. After a mind screwing I got last week from my boss, I sure as hell do not even think mine is good, but this one was beneath me. Perhaps the publisher of that magazine was too cheap so they got what they paid for. I would not know.

0 response[s]: