"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gradually

It was not too long ago I faced a low point in my life. I thought of giving up and reforming what I had to do when all I heard was a mixture of "you are only escaping from the problem" and "you did what you could". Naturally being myself, I heard being accused of escaping; trying to take the easy way out more than the other which made myself stay put in my current job to see what happens.

Today an ironic thing happened. I heard that my superior/colleague; boss' business partner tendered his resignation and he will only be around for 2 more months. Which is the amount of notice time as per company's policy. He has been in the company for 9 months and has even been made a business partner. Never would I have ever imagine him just leaving like that. I guess I am not the only one that face pretty demanding performance.

This feels like university all over again when I had a final project and one of my team mates bailed out halfway and left me for dead with the horrible team mate who was only good at making excuses for his lack of... well anything really. I am not saying my boss is like that in anyway. I just am reminded of being abandoned and left clueless as to what to do next. He was the one who taught me everything I needed to know regarding the work I had in the company including how to manage and juggle several job at once. He was the one who helped me make head or tails of any job as I am inexperienced. When he goes, I have no idea how I will manage.

I do not wish to think that it will just be me and my boss for a long while in the company because I am sure he will expect me to do a whole lot more other than what I signed up to do.

What am I going to do?

0 response[s]: