"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Somewhere Over My Guitar

These are old and I have probably linked some of you these video files before. However I rediscovered them and felt like they needed to be shared once again because they are just too good to let by.

Jake Shimabukuro plays the Beatles' song; While My Guitar Gently Weeps with a ukulele. That's right. A ukulele. Imagine me already having a difficult time trying to play this song on a normal 6-string guitar. This guy does it on a small 4-string. I actually prefer this version over the original for its feel.



Later I discovered that Jake actually played this song together with Tommy Emmanuel. Which sounded like they had so much fun.



Wanting to listen to more of Tommy's stuff, I found this video of him playing his version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It was so heartwarming.



What would I give to be able to play like them.

2 response[s]:

Rayn said...

Jake Shimabukuro's version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps just takes my breath away every time I watch it. Such skill/ talent. *swoon*

But don't worry baby, that won't change the way I feel for you. You're still my guitar hero ^_^

pneoxian said...

I don't want to be a guitar hero >_>