"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Going Back to My Rocking Roots

Those who know me a bit, would know that I love music. Those who know me a little bit more, know that I really love music. Those that know me a little bit more than that, know that I am passionate about music. I would like to say that in my memories, I learnt to sing before I was even able to string a sentence together. It was also through music and song that I learnt words. I would often ask my parents what they were singing and then try to apply the words and sentences into everyday conversations.

When I was older, my dad introduced the Beatles to me and their influence on me grew each passing year. It had come to the point where singing their songs were not enough, that I had to be able to play their music as well. This was partially the motivation and contributing factor to my rapid self education (with a little help from my dad) of learning the guitar. Within a few weeks, I would already master just more than the basic chords for the guitar. The Beatles' songs were not the generic type of repetitive chord progressions as they had rare and unique chords in most of their songs that could not be found in generic songs. My determination to get the song right made learning these chords that are seldom played, much easier.

As time went on, I learnt more about their history bit by bit and the more I knew, the more I appreciated their work. The added knowledge even made their songs sound different to me, their songs sounded richer and I could share the feelings of their songs.

Over the course of years as the Beatles matured, so did their music. Each member developed their own style of music, everyone of them being unique with their respective influences.

To be continued...

1 response[s]:

enochho said...

strawberry fields forever...