"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Truth In Trolleys


I walk a little going to and from work. Ever since Tropicana Mall opened beside my office's block, there have been many assholes who use the Carrefour (the anchor tenant) trolleys all the way to the overhead bridge nearby and abandon them there. I really hate people that do not return what they use to their proper places. It shows how inconsiderate and unimportant everything else is, everything but themselves. This just reminds me of how humans in general can be so despicable. It just renews my hatred towards people.

However, a twist of "fate" happened twice when I was using the overhead bridge. The first time, I noticed a man actually saw the trolley while he was walking and decided to push it all the way back to the mall, returning it. I was actually moved by that humble yet very powerful gesture. The second time around was on my way home today. I saw a family on their way to the mall and I observed that the father of the family noticed the trolley and decided to wheel it back the mall as well. I heard his wife discouraging him to do so. Admirably, he did not listen to her and put one of his daughters on the kid seat of the trolley and pushed it all the way to the mall. Seeing that just reminded me that not everybody are assholes.

However I still think majority of people are assholes.

Anyways the point I wanted to make (for you dense people) was that the trolley, an object that helps carry the burden of people, not only show people's dependency on help. It also reveals how despicable people are just as how it can reveal their kindness.

Do not limit materialistic objects to what they were made to do.

* * * * *

I was in the locker room of the gym today where I was changing. When I was changing into my shorts, I noticed I was wearing the wrong shoes to gym. Sigh... No vigorous movements for me tonight.

0 response[s]: