"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Teeth Wisdom

I went to the dentist today. I was scheduled for a 1PM appointment, so I went there 30 minutes before. I had hopes that this time around the good doctor would be on time but to no avail. I could only assume that it was due to another local that messed up the entire schedule by being late thus creating a whole chain reaction for other people.

Upon arriving, I saw this woman sitting right in the middle of a 3 seat couch. There was 2 seat couch and a single seat separately. The single seat was closest to the toilet entrance and the 2 seat couch was occupied by a guy. What came to my mind straightaway was why was that bitch occupying the entire couch by sitting in the middle? I don't know about you guys, but I don't feel comfortable sitting that close to a woman that I don't know. I am sure that most women in this country wouldn't like guy strangers sitting that close to them as well. So I had to stand, until the guy on the 2 seat couch was next to see the dentist. I took over his spot.

Later on, two more women entered and that bitch was still sitting in the middle being oblivious. Until for some strange reason, intelligence struck her in the head and she decided to move over to the side seat to make way for those two women. Oh, she also did not have an appointment set up previously so she had to wait until the doctor was free. I was quite well aware of that from the signs that were going on.

So I was waiting to rage if she did actually went in before me. Thankfully she didn't. I hate inconsiderate people. I hate people that do not teach their children proper principles and ethics. I hate people that think they are entitled to having things done their way just because they exist.

* * * * *

Other than the dentist commenting on the improvement of my gums.

I had a little chat with the aunty at the reception that handles payment and appointments. I was talking to her about punctuality today. She naturally said that it is always because of one person who is late that messes things up for everyone else. I of course replied the obvious that it is in the culture of the locals and that it was terrible.

She was explaining how some people would have an appointment at time X, and they would only begin to leave their house at time X. So I again reiterated that it is a bad habit and deeply rooted within the culture here.

What caught me off guard was her saying that it was especially bad with Christians. That's right. She said it. I am not sure if she is one too, but I know the dentist is. Just hearing it from another person other than myself makes me laugh with delight to know that I am not the only one that notice such behavior among them. What was even better was that she said that some pastors are even worse that they expected to be attended to first despite being late and all.

I agreed by saying, it is worse in a sense that just because we are all Christians, some of these people tend to take advantage of it, expecting us to be super kind and helpful to them. Just because we're Christians. When you deny them of what they think is their entitlement, they quickly reveal their true colors by criticizing how bad example of a Christian you are. When all this while nothing has been said about their own attitude yet. I detest these people.

Just because we're Christians does not mean we should be easily taken advantage of. In fact, why are you fellow Christians trying to take advantage of your own kind?

0 response[s]: