"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Phone Smarts

I answered a phone call today. I don't know I think it kind of made me go double yoo tee eff.

Woman: Hello can I speak to [Name of staff withheld].
Me: He no longer works here.
Woman: Then uh... can I speak to you?

(What in the world...)

Me: What is this regarding?
Woman: Uh... this is regarding server/domain renewal.
Me: For which site?
Woman: [Name of company withheld].
Me: I see, the person in charge currently is out of the office.
Woman: Is it [Name of my boss withheld]?
Me: No, the person in charge is [Name of my colleague withheld]. If it is urgent I will get him to call you as soon as he returns to the office.
Woman: It's okay la, we have his number. We're a server/domain company you know?

(...)

Me: ... okay!

*Sigh* Do I really need to explain how things should have been done? Okay for the benefit of you people. She should have first addressed herself; who she was and where she was from followed by asking to speak with whoever she needed to speak to. At least state her reason for calling after asking for the person she needed to contact. Instead of trying to dig her way in trying to drop off whatever responsibility she has on the next most convenient person. You tell me shit I don't know about won't do any use.

After actually offering to get whoever she was looking for to contact her, she pulls this shit where she knows what she's doing by stating what her company does. That wasn't really clear to me but okay. I guess the bottom line was that she had the contacts, then why didn't she call there in the first place?

0 response[s]: