"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Balls! ...of Fury...

Finally got a chance, and the tickets; thanks to Afzal to watch Balls of Fury. I have been trying to watch this movie for the past 3 weeks with no avail due to the cinemas being fully booked. Well excluding the first two front rows.

I went with Afzal, Shawn and Ryan. The show was not that cracked up to be, I was somewhat disappointed but I will not openly voice that to the guys. I do not want to sound like an elitist jerk. This is one of those films where they put all the good scenes into the trailer. Seriously.

If any of you want to watch this, I suggest watching it at home and not invest your money in watching this at the cinema. It had some hits but unfortunately more misses as it contained mostly slapstick comedy and to me, predictable punch lines. I am impressed that they manage to get such big names to star in this movie. The financial resources would have probably been better spent in creating a quality screenplay instead of hiring big stars. Well I guess our local audiences do not really give a rip as long as they get to see people walking into pillars, getting their nuts smashed and even some eye candy provided by Maggie Q. Which reminds me, Ryan could not stop going on and on about Maggie Q while we were in the cinema. I was like "Dude, some of us are trying to enjoy the rest of the movie."

0 response[s]: