"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Monday, February 4, 2008

Thought Collecting

I pride myself with post articles here almost everyday. However these few days of silence must have been boring for people who just need something new to read. Everyone has been doing their own thing which leaves me with nobody to hang out with. That in turn results in me just staying home playing World of Warcraft where I spend time with my friends in North America.

Okay I lied. Perhaps there was an event or two worth mentioning which will be elaborated further when I make time to do so. Wheels of progression has been turning yet again in the world of Azeroth and Outlands. It has become once again like a job, except only more enjoyable than a real job. And also minus the salary.

As the days get nearer to Chinese New Year, it (hopefully) gets quieter where no new jobs come in until hopefully sometime way after the Chinese New Year period ends. It is funny how somethings never change. This year I will most likely do nothing again for Chinese New Year. Perhaps visit my paternal relatives. I already had an early dinner with my maternal relatives last night.

* * * * *

Ever wondered about what makes an object/event/person desirable? I am not one who was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I have never understood how people can be so interested in material possessions. I admit that there are times when I suddenly desire stuff so much, but then all of a sudden the feeling just disappears and then I ask myself why was I that interested in the first place?

That gets me thinking, perhaps I evaluate the target, determining if the bad outweighs the good and its worth in the long run. There will always be people who are fortunate enough to obtain possessions that I can never possibly have. There will always be experiences people get to enjoy while again I can never possibly have. Do I feel envious/jealous? Yes I do at times. But it is not great enough to amount to anything. There is no point in doing so.

What makes these things so valuable? Is it because every other person desires it, which increases the value? Wouldn't that be peer pressure? Is the revolving world powered by the pressure to obtain what others have? I wonder what would the opposite of wanting what others have? Would it be hoping the other person did not have it as well? Could that be classified as envy? Where one is the desire to gain as others have. Where the other is the desire for others to lose as one has not.

0 response[s]: