"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm Going to Make This Pencil... Disappear!

I finally was able to watch The Dark Knight last night. I went with my regular party, except this time Shawn replaces Marcus, as Marcus is in the land of rising sun. Also I found out today he watched it without us last week. Faggot.


I usually have lots to criticize about movies. This one left little to no room for me to do so. It was well laid out. After all it had two and a half hour so I guess that was enough time for them to pace things out nicely. Since I do not really have much to complain about the movie, I shall move on to the audience in the cinema.

There was this guy. Not a kid mind you. A guy who freaked out everytime the Joker's face appeared on close up during the movie. He had his fist in his mouth and he looked as if the Joker was coming right for him. *roll eyes* Seriously man... you need to reduce whatever it is that you have been smoking/taking.

Michael Caine plays his role as Alfred so naturally that I think it was a walk in the park for him, like free money. Morgan Freeman played his usual upright, righteous person with full of integrity. Gary Oldman managed to make the character Gordon a respectable and loveable character rather than in previous renditions of the character where he was just a side thing. Maggie Gyllenhaal is a better replacement of Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes and manage to add more color to her character. Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent was able to draw attention in getting people to hear him out, his story of how he came to be who he was. In short all the main characters were fully colored and vibrant with detail that none of them seem to pale in comparison.

0 response[s]: