"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Friday, April 6, 2007

Midmorning Meditations

The stuff I think about at 4am in the mornings...

So I was just reflecting on human behavior. Ever encountered people who refuse to listen to other people's reasons? They will always respond similar to "you can say whatever you want to say, but I will not acknowledge it. Whatever I say is right to me and that is what counts". Usually people who want to sound cool will just say "whatever". I guess it pretty much goes both ways as well. Where the person trying to reason might not provide compelling and significant points in a way that would make the other person realize. However, some people do realize things and yet refuse to acknowledge it. I think it is probably due to pride. Why do people have so much pride in trivial things? People should only be proud of things which are certain and acknowledged by many others. If a person makes a mistake, he should just acknowledged that he did make a mistake and move on, trying not to repeat the mistake.

Personally, I have always been sort of a low self esteem kind of guy, so I never really had much pride. That actually helped me see things that ordinary circumstances would have prevented. I am able to look through other people's perspective. I believe that once a person actually tries to understand the other, there will be less disputes and more issues resolved.
A good example is when at times I question why person X is unable to do a certain task, where I find so simple and requires little effort whereas that person X is struggling and unable to grasp the concept. Person X is not like me. He does not think like me. If I tried to understand person X and where he is coming from and his situation perhaps I could think of methods which would help him in performing the task.

Past experiences have taught me that, it does not matter what kind of excuses a person gives, it does not matter who is wrong or right, it does not matter who is better than the other. At the end of things, at the bottom line, the situation is still the way it is. Doing nothing else but pinpointing the source of errors and dwelling on it will do nothing for the future it will not help rectify the situation in anyway. What is more important or rather, significant is what can be done to solve the situation with the current resources. Nothing in life is perfect, hence we help each other by combining our strengths overcoming our weaknesses.

The reason why we are not created perfect, is so that we can rely on each other thus value and appreciate each other. True that most of you would already know this, but are you taking this knowledge for granted? When was the last time you thought about your friends, your parents and the good things they have done for you, purely because they cared about you? When was the last time you did something good for your friends, strangers even purely because you wanted to help them and expect nothing in return? When was the last time any of you appreciated your friends for accepting you for who you are despite your flaws? I'm talking about those friends that actually will go out of their way to help you when you face serious problems. Not those who are only around to have fun when times are good.

0 response[s]: