"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Friday, April 20, 2007

Welcome To The Real World

is what was said to me by the clients towards the end of an unnecessary long and waste of time of meeting I had earlier this evening.

This job started its production on Tuesday, supposedly ending by 27th April (Friday).
Now they say they want it done by this coming Monday. All of it. All 5 of it.
I feel like beating someone up with a stick.

Not to sound sexist but, the staff of clients, which were quite a number of them were all female. They did not seem like they knew what they want. They sure as hell did not seem like they knew the objectives of their own work and yet still could act like they were in control. There goes my weekend. All I know is, I will not entertain their last minute changes or the usual "I think I've changed my mind on the design, make another."

Why are these people who are not really in the creative industry, taking other people's work to submit in a competition as their own? Surely it has to be somewhat unethical or against some contract or copyright issues with the original creators and owners of the media being submitted.

I had to wait until I got home before releasing all my angers and frustrations. I felt like making dents in cars parked outside the office building by initiating flying kicks on them.

2 response[s]:

shreknangst said...

LOL ... Ah yes, welcome to the real world ... first time around, the client never knows what they want ... and is always changing things.

Next time around, you have a track record with them ... sometime around the third or so go round project they start to listen to your suggestions, and you start to hear what they are really asking for (even when they do not hear it)...

Ah the real world ... LOL ... get a punching bag and hang it near your desk ... it helps ...

pneoxian said...

Yes I know what clients can be like, however at least have the decency to lay it out more courteously and try to compromise something which would be accepted by both parties. This country greatly lacks in professional manners as well as being courteous and tactful.

I think I would need those big punching bags where you can kick and knee at as well lol!