"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Failwich

I used to have this mindset of not patronizing sandwich bars because they essentially overcharge you for a lousy portion. That is usually the case around here. Today I decided to try out this new sandwich bar that opened within my office's building square.

It is called the Big Fat Bird. Despite it's name being all funny and cute. I think they're more of big fat noobs. I tried out their set lunch. It was suppose to comprise of a sandwich, a side and lemonade. This is what it looked like when it arrived.

Obviously I felt that I have just got ripped off just like after I make a donation to people saying they represent certain causes. The 3-bread sandwich had one flat layer of meat and one flat layer of cheese on the bottom tier, while having some lettuce and tomato in the second tier. The side was lettuce and tomato. Double-yoo-tee-eff mate? Pull the other one! Looks to me as though I should have been paying half of what I did for it.

I already knew it was a bad omen when they served the lemonade in a small glass without straws or serviettes or anything. They also gave me some coconut jelly thing in a small sauce cup saying that it was on the house. It was just some santan-ish flavored jelly with some coconut flesh in it.

I felt like I was a judge for some business project presentation by college students. Except that I had to pay for this experience. I really should have gotten a hotdog from 1901 or a Subway sandwich today. Screw this whole trying out new stuff bollocks.

0 response[s]: