"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Save the Fireflies!

I remember the time when there was still a forest behind my house. It used to be so cooling at night with never a thought or fear of the nights being hot. Occasionally there would be a firefly or two that make their way into the house and I would be so amused with them flying around in the dark while I was lying on my bed.

Of course the forest is no longer there, as the hills have been flatten and destroyed to make way for what is now known as Bandar Utama and Centerpoint. Assholes.

I remember the time I went to Kuala Selangor to watch the fireflies years ago. It was one of the creations that amazed me the more that years go by as I realize and appreciate more of it. They lit up trees like blinking light decorations.

And now it is no more, thanks to the previous government that ran the state. Read more here to find out. What is happening to our country...

Occasionally now there would still be a firefly that still finds it way to my house at night and it makes me appreciate the beauty of their design even more and always puts me at ease seeing that they still exist. I only pray that they do not become extinct.

1 response[s]:

enochho said...

I get fireflies here sometimes as well. it's sad what people will do to save a few bucks (like dumping waste in the river). then again, enforcement here is lax at best so I guess all we can do is pray and hope for the best that the fireflies can be saved somehow.

I remember going down that river a few times myself. it's so peaceful and serene with the fireflies providing a magical atmosphere.