"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another Acoustic Arrangement

So while looking around, I came across a group called Boyce Avenue which did a good rendition of Coldplay's Viva La Vida using an acoustic guitar, keyboard and a bass drum. I am always inspired by people who manage to take songs and adapt it for the acoustic guitar. Especially when they are songs that sound so complex that I would never think it would be possible to pull.



While watching that, I noticed another song they did; The Verve Pipe - Freshmen. Although this is not really much different from the original, it gives a more updated and contemporary feel.



What also impressed me is that they actually provided links to guitar tabs for the songs of their arrangements. Time for learning.

2 response[s]:

enochho said...

the first rendition of Viva la Vida was alright, not quite sure I like what they've done with it, but their version of Freshmen was very nicely done. I appreciate that rendition they did of it.

enochho said...

I'm also very interested in the Ernie Ball Musicman bass the bassist is playing :p