"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Walk of Life

I went to watch Pirates 3 with my cousin yesterday. I could not believe it when I realized they showed around 30 minutes worth of commercials before the feature presentation... Of course they gave a mixture of foreign and local commercials. Once you start making comparisons, you tend to notice that foreign commercials tend to be more or less 60 seconds and they can get straight to the point with you understanding as opposed to local ones, where they take forever and in the end you would not even know what just hit you, like some sort of visual garbage. I especially dislike those commercials where they show the youth generation trying to look cool, when what they are portraying is not even genuine, like they do not even know why they are behaving that way or even understand the origins of the kind of 'trend'. All they understand is that everybody else is doing it and they look cool at it.

I love walking in shopping malls. I can gain much enlightenment from walking from one end the other on all floors. Things like observing other shoppers' behaviors to the type of advertisements they display to the latest trends in clothings and gadgetry. Oh and let us not forget about books. People say magazines help you get the information on what is new and what is the latest trend and how to keep with it and be with the crowd. I think it is herding method by the commercial sector to control what the consumers want, to make them believe that the products being promoted is just what they need.

Oh and there is the fun of watching various people dress and style 'interestingly'. I usually reserve the comments to myself because the culture here would deem me as being too offensive whereas in western countries I'd just maybe a little funny.

Oh Afzal, if you're reading this, we must go walk walk near midnight at 1 Utama again sometime. I find it very experiencing especially we have much to talk about. Unless you got nothing to say then don' t bother hahaha.

I now leave you with my cousin's art masterpiece as we were leaving Toys R Us...

0 response[s]: