"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Agonizing Addiction

Why oh why do I do this to myself!?

So there is this anime I am following called School Days. So far its about this guy who keeps seeing a girl on the train he rides to school everyday. He starts to have this infatuation from watching her everyday in the train. He tells his classmate about it and she decides to help him get her. Eventually the guy and the girl from the train end up together thanks to the guy's classmate. What they did not know is that the classmate also likes the guy.

So with his now girlfriend, he gets all horny and tries to do stuff with her which she is not really too comfortable or crazy about. He gets annoyed and disappointed. However she tries very hard to understand him and make him happy by forcing herself to allow him to do stuff to her. She also tries to be more affectionate with him hoping to do things with him like couples would. For some strange reason he does not like it and thinks its troublesome.

Over time he tends to realize that his classmate was better to be around with and they soon hit it off and start having an affair behind his girlfriend's back. Now another character in the background gradually emerges claiming that she likes the guy as well since they were from the same middle school. So far the guy's affair had been going on too far and sure enough he gets caught by his girlfriend without knowing. That is all for now and I am waiting for the new episodes to be available.

* * * * *

She is everything a guy could want. The guy sees her everyday in the train and decides he wants her and his classmate friend helps him get her easily. He does all kind of shit to the girl and she lets him because she wants to make the relationship work out with him. She has been trying very hard to do lots of things to please him which just gets brushed aside. He does not even help her up or at least look worried when she trips and fall while they were walking together. He does not appreciate all these and has the nerve to cheat on her.

I feel so irritated by that guy's character. I feel like killing him. Good job for the creators of the anime in making animated character I genuinely hate. Every episode I watch, I feel sad for the girlfriend. You might be thinking, if its too much to take why not just stop watching altogether? That is the problem with me. Nobody how bad a story is to me, I have to finish it. It is my nature of having to finish something so that I have closure. I need closure! I am the type of person who needs to see things to the very end. A sense of completion is necessary for me. However I am not a masochist in a sense that I most likely might not rewatch the series again. I have some stored anime with very sad endings which I dare not watch again for fear of being saddened by them. Pathetic I am. The same applies to books I read as well.

Anime is my fantasy land! My form of escape from the everyday drudgeries of reality. It is my place to be happy with something that I know will never exist in the real world. Because the real world is full of shitty people!

0 response[s]: