"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Monday, September 3, 2007

What A Way To Start A Day of The Month

So I woke up earlier than usual today in preparations of going to work early with full of enthusiasm despite my ever present fear of not being able to produce quality work which the clients would like. I arrived more than half an hour before I was to start work at the office. True enough (again) that the office was still close and no sight of my boss or CEO anywhere. I waited about an hour outside for somebody to actually arrive . The intern at the company joint me waiting towards the end of the approximate hour.

After getting in, I said to myself "Okay, you're finally in, get to work!"
Fifteen minutes later the office blacked out. We were sitting in the dark and heat(absence of air conditioners). My boss decided to head over to the building's management office to find out what was up. Apparently a circuit board, thing burst into flames and affected a few blocks within the building and we were one of them. The management had no idea when their contractors would arrive and be able to complete repairs. My boss upon hearing the situation, decided that we all should just go home and work from there as he did not expect the power to be back up anytime soon and even after repairs, they would require time to test and ensure everything was running properly.

So I am at home now. I will have to find my installers for the softwares needed to continue my work from the office. In all honesty, I hope we 'will not be able' to work at the office tomorrow as well but yeah that is just wishful thinking.

0 response[s]: