"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Early Birthday Bash at Chili's

Just came back from dinner at Chili's, celebrating Shawn's birthday. Technically his birthday is 5 days time but I know that everybody would have other plans on a Sunday night especially since it is the night before having to go to work after the weekend ends.

I skipped lunch today in wait of dinner. No offense to those who are older than me, but I feel the aging effects as well. I cannot eat as much as I used to. I absolutely cannot make buffets worth the price anymore.

While waiting to be seated I noticed that a new games boutique will be opening soon right beside Chili's. What a perfect combination these two would make. They advertised Wrath of the Lich King and Starcraft 2 on their shop saying that they will be opened soon. How optimistic they were. Wrath of the Lich King is rumored to only be released sometime late next year. I doubt they would even be selling that in Malaysia seeing that Blizzard does not have Malaysia as one of their official countries to distribute the game. Thank God for Shawn's connections which helped us get Burning Crusade.

Tonight's event was rather special for eventhough I was not the birthday person. The thing is usually the plans I organize which include friends always fall flat on their faces. There will always be circumstances where people coincidentally will not be able to make it. Which is why I was rather happy that friends could get together today. The people attended were our closest friends. Afzal whom we know from since college, Ian who shares a long history with Shawn and Marcus whom Shawn and I play World of Warcraft with, who is also my close friend since high school. It was a great time. Ian as usual never fails to crack up the group with his awesome humor. Pity we could not get Shawn smashed as he needed to drive home and also work the next day.

And... now I am too full to sleep. I am going to suffer tomorrow at work for lack of sleep.

0 response[s]: