"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Dinner Show s01e03

So last night was the usual dinner and talk with Marcus. On our way from my house our conversation went something like this...

M: So what do you feel like eating?
N: I know what I don't wanna eat!
M: ?
N: Noodles!
M: F***. Then uh we can go seik fan.
N: Yeah but where?
M: True also.
N: Do you feel like Japanese? We can go to the Curve, they have Sakae Sushi over there.
M: Ikemasu (or something like that, I can't remember what he said)

And so instead of our usual venue of One Utama, we headed to the Curve. I have to say, I am really a bad person. Diagonally opposite from our table, sat a lady dressed quite decently, formal and everything sitting alone for a long time. She looked pretty attractive from behind. I had no intention of trying to see what her face looked like. As time went on, I manage to deduce that she was waiting for someone. Now here is the thing. I was expecting that someone to be a guy, possibly her boyfriend. What I also expected was that perhaps he would dress in similar fashion in a sense, at least smart casual or something to match with her. Man I was wrong. He shows up pretty late in t-shirt and shorts. Those typical type of looking guys with the black plastic frame glasses and poorly attempted spiky hair style. Oh and with slippers. I was trying not to burst out in laughter until Marcus was asking me what was wrong with me. I then explain to him what I just wrote and he said that if he was in my position, he would have thought and reacted exactly the same way. Good that it is not just me!

From talking about that couple's relationship, it somehow led to our point of views in relationships where we think it is rare to find a girl (at least in this country) who have the criteria of somebody that we would go out with. One of it that I sure as hell will not need is the requirement where the guy has to do everything for the girl. Examples consists of having to drive the girl everywhere. Needing to call the girl every single day. Having to spend all my free time with her whether I want to or not. A relationship should not suddenly alter my lifestyle to her benefit. I should not be assimilated into her lifestyle. That is just being like a slave with no free will of my own, or say for that matter. A relationship should be a plus, or an addition to what we already have as our lifestyle.

I also talked about how certain people seem to have a same behavior of pattern when it comes to looking for a partner. I gave a few examples and here is one of them. Some guys would make it seem like his life is a tragedy and his life sucks but he tries to show that he is strong enough to endure it while looking pitiful in hopes of gaining sympathy and perhaps something a little more from his 'target'. You would think that people that come up with these kind of scheme would be a little more creative but they tend to reuse their stale tactics which I cannot fathom.

* * * * *

We went to Baskin Robbins' for some ice cream after dinner because I was dying for the 'peanut butter & chocolate' flavor thingy which gave me an euphoric pleasure the last time I went. What a crap in a hat that it was not available anymore. Marcus suggested that I try the World Class Chocolate, which I did, and damn that was good stuff. Probably that will be my current new favorite should the peanut butter and chocolate flavor not return.

* * * * *

Somehow our conversation manage to link to the differences or rather the similarities in the congregation of our respective beliefs. The summary of it was that the negative factors such as gossiping, slandering and other backstabbing methods originates from the 'culture' of the community which could have been due to their upbringing and surroundings. Oh it also includes being xenophobic where these people are afraid of changes or things which are not out of their ordinary. Whereby if a person is different from them, especially poses as a potential threat in terms of rivalry or perhaps a better replacement.

Humans are wonderful creatures.

0 response[s]: