"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Dinner Show

I just came back from dinner with Marcus. I hope you all should know by now which Marcus I am referring to. Now see here is a guy I can talk on hours end with about stuff that is not mindless jock talk about cars or sports or chick banging.

I treated him to dinner this time around for sort of like a congratulations to him who just came back from Perth (again) for his graduation ceremony as well as appreciation for the magazines he imports for me from over the Aussieland. Yeah I know I am a cheap bastard. However my generosity tends to scale with my income. So yeah I bless others when I am blessed. At dinner, there was a couple who looked younger than me sitting one table away on my left. I did not get a good look at them because I was looking from the corner of my eye. I could make out their gestures but not the details. The guy was like stroking either the girl's arm or side of the head downwards. I was like "what on earth is this guy doing? It's hilarious!" later on they were quiet holding each other's hand. Yes one hand for one hand, saying nothing. You might think that is so cute or romantic. I thought it was pretty funny. I thought it was kind of unnatural. I think it is pretty weird and awkward to just suddenly do stuff like that especially when the guy had to reach over the table to show affection. It looked like he was trying too hard. Marcus said he was 'spreading it thick'. Oh well... kids. I was holding my head blocking my face from letting anybody see me laughing. I am that kind of person when I see something peculiar, my mind tends to bring things to the next level exacerbating the situation in my head which eventually makes me laugh.

So after dinner we had coffee...'ish drinks. Marcus then asked me why I was laughing at the couple. I then explained, which led us to talk about relationships the situations and how to react to them and also the reasonings behind them. It was more of a discussion and analysis based on the basic human behavior in whatever experience I have at least. I am sure most of you know that communication is important in a relationship. However if either sides cannot be open to each other, it means that they do not trust each other well enough which means that they do not know each other well. If they do not know each other well, then the relationship is in for a 'fun' time. Lack of communication leads to miscommunication which leads to misunderstanding. Blablabla the so on and so forth with fries on the side. Which means they are not ready for a relationship. Kind of like saving up money to buy the car, but not taking into consideration the cost of maintaining the car.

I speak as if I know so much about relationships. If so, why am I still single? It is because of such knowledge that I am still single. I will not rush into just any relationship for the sake of having one. It has to be a person who can really understand me and accept me for who I truly am, not who they want me to be. It is really difficult to find that kind of person, especially a person such as myself who tends not to hide my true personality in hopes of not tarnishing my image with the opposite gender. Perfect or near perfect people are the ones you should be suspicious . Nobody is perfect. So before you go falling for that ideal person, you should observe and get to know that person more, what is that person like when he/she is not trying to impress people and trying to make a good impression. Can you really live with a person who is not all that? I may be boring some readers with stuff they already may already know so I will stop here. If they wish to find out more about my opinions, do feel free to send me an email.

0 response[s]: