"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Meuniere & Ice Cream

As mentioned, I went back to church to play the drums. This time around I felt as if the congregation was actually singing. Well that was a slight improvement I guess. I also intentionally made myself see tunnel vision, where I avoided from looking at people, people that were of no use to me. That way even if they were looking at me with judgmental eyes and whatnots, I would not notice or give a shit.

An ever so light poke on the back of my shoulder was enough warmth to feel sincerely welcomed again. Also some words of advise telling me that it was not worth not-going to church made me think that there actually may be one or two people in the church that actually have a slightest amount of concern for me. Imagine that. However seeing certain faces did darken my heart. Thankfully I mustered all the strength I had to suppress malicious thoughts resulting in an state of unease.

* * * * *

Went to Swenson's for lunch with my godfather (yeah I said godfather) and some of my friends from church. Reason being that Lai Chin somewhat lost to a 'bet' with Enoch and the wager was an ice cream treat. Lai Chin also wanted to treat my godfather so why not kill two birds with one stone. I was never impressed with Swenson's menu. Now back in the day when I was still in primary school, Swenson's food was awesome and they were not really well known then. The one I used to visit often was the one in Damansara Jaya, behind Atria. That was the best ice cream you could get. This was way before names like Haagen Dazs and Baskin Robbins ever set foot in the country.

I ordered the Cheese Sticks, which were basically the deep fried breaded mozzarella. It was not done properly and according to Max, his piece was cold in the middle. My main course was meuniere chicken. Which was basically breaded chicken chop with a side of fries and coleslaw. I suspected the chicken may have been undercooked but we will see if I get food poisoning over the next few days. We all shared an earthquake; few ice cream flavors bunged in one big bowl. In terms of portion, I can say it was just enough. Not too little, not too much. I guess it was not so bad. However I do not expect to do these kind of dining on a regular basis. Do not get me wrong, I love food but I do not prioritize in spending my funds on food.

3 response[s]:

Rayn said...

Ooo...yeah! The old Swenson's near Atria! Wah...I had my first and last Banana flavoured ice cream there. Never had or heard of Banana flavoured ice cream ever since! LOL!

And for some reason meuniere sounds bad larr... -_-"

max k said...

LOL, I wanted to order that as well, but I was put off by the name.

And if you noticed, your chicken and my fish and chip looked the same.

But okla, not as bad as I expected.

pneoxian said...

Yeah the entire time I was purposely pronouncing it as 'manure'. I think Max's fish and chips would have been a better value; for one thing it had tartar sauce, while mine was just plain dried breaded chicken.

For the record, I think I know how to pronounce it correctly; Mou-nee-ai[r]