"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This Guy Ain't for Mars

So ironic that whenever I want to look for a particular item, it is never there. It feels like the shop people are out to get me.

"Oh you want to buy it now do you? We'll take it off the shelves. See how you like that? Always coming around and looking but not buying..."

I was looking for some Transformers: Animated action figures but all they had were the Transformers 2 movie stuff. I guess the movie is near to release and they want to promote it as much as possible at the moment.

After a futile attempt I proceeded to get some milk to replenish my stock in the office. At that counter, I just realized I forgot to get myself a Snickers bar. Taking a step backwards to be able to see the aisle where the Snickers was, I said to myself "Nah man, you've gone too far." While waiting for my stuff to be checked out, I looked down and saw a Mars bar.

I decided why the heck not, since the last time I had it was in fact in Australia as well and I had forgotten how it tasted like. It was kind of disappointing. It tasted like a Snickers with no nuts. It was too smooth and creamy and the nuts were missing. Yup. I love my nuts. It's just not satisfying without them nuts.

On the side of the wrapper had a slogan that read "A Mars A Day Helps You Work, Rest and Play." Sometimes I wonder what went through the mind of these marketers. The only thing I know it would help is with artery clogging and maybe diabetes.

* * * * *

Me: So Rzeznik earlier told me he got a ticket when he parked his car outside his student's house for 12 minutes.
Marc: Wtf? What was he doing there for 12 minutes? Why only 12 minutes?
Me: ... It only takes him 12 minutes?

In unison: oOoOoOOOoOOo

I kill myself.

0 response[s]: