"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eat This

An interesting point which was brought up by my friend that had got me thinking.
That I should not view future relationships in the same light as my previous ones. Thought about it, and while it was meant to sound good, me being the person I am also saw some flaws in it. Especially when it comes to disparity between the two genders.

I believe in the saying 'learn from bad experiences as to not repeat those mistakes in the future'. I also believe that applies to relationships where one should avoid unnecessary problems which happened before in previous relationships. It is only natural that we would not want the bad history from repeating itself and would prefer an improvement, or better progression if you will.

Now if those of you who are reading can understand where I am coming from, I proceed by asking, why would anybody want a relationship which would be similar to previous experiences well, in terms of the bad points? An EXAMPLE would be a me having a bad history with a girl who was possessive. I would never want to be with another girl like that.

Come to think of it, maybe what my friend was trying to say is that I should not stereotype all girls to be like those I shared relationships. If this was a bigger country with more variety in types of people, I would agree. However this is otherwise, here. This land... this peninsular where parents somehow developed some unspoken system where they brainwash their kids to just do as they're told with no questions asked, where they are assured that all they have to do is get straight As in exams to guarantee a bright future followed by becoming doctors/lawyers/engineers while taking music lessons; usually piano on the side. These make up the majority of their kind. My kind. These parents breed lifeforms which seem to have been fashioned from a template. In gaming terms, it would be known as the 'cookie cutter' build.

These clones then congregate in a community welcoming everyone who are like themselves and shunning people who are different. People who have their own thoughts, people who inquire about why things are, to gain more knowledge and insight, more understanding as oppose to being comfortable with being ignorant where whatever they do not know will not hurt them.

Judging people at face value and not wanting to find out more regarding the situation and as I have mentioned before, making statements and claims with no compelling evidence/justification or even so much as a valid or relevant reason.

Perhaps they are not clones, but mere faceless figures/beings. Background casts in a scenario. The scenario of life. Maybe limitations are blessings in themselves. Like how a crippled person does not have to worry about walking or complaining of walking too far. Or how a poor person does not have to worry about being robbed because he has nothing really to lose in the first place.

0 response[s]: