"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Beware of Scammers

While I was at work today, my dad got a phone call on his mobile. It was some person trying to scam him. I am not sure what the details were, but apparently it was for some competition and the works. My dad just plainly and repeatedly declined whatever the lady on the phone had to offer. She also asked if my dad could speak in mandarin. It started out as a survey. However the caller then proceeded to ask for my dad's name. Something is not right here. No form of survey would ever need to ask for personal information especially names. My dad at this point of time was already losing his patience so he just told the person once and for all that he was not interested in whatever she had to offer. So she said something rather rude to him in mandarin, something about telling him to go die and my dad cuss the fuck out of that bitch and hung up. That person tried to call back repeatedly but my dad did not pick up the phone.

My dad told me about it when I got out of work. I guess it must have been those scammers and perhaps even from overseas, maybe like Taiwan or China or something. The caller was pretty stupid if you ask me. If the caller wanted potential suc... er customers, she could have at least practice a little restraint and professionalism in order to convince the caller to hang on a little longer to hear her out rather than sound harassing and threatening. Well I am pretty angry about what had happened. I don't know. I tend to get very protective and aggressive when the people I care about are threatened in any way.

Anyways dear readers. Please watch out for dodgy callers like these. If they harass you, do not hesitate to lodge reports to the proper authorities, I guess the police in this case? If they would do anything about it.

Also beware of any kind of forms which require you to enter your personal information such as house address and especially phone numbers. Do not be lured by the promises of having chances to win prizes for merely completing slogans. Be careful with your personal information. Do not give it out unnecessarily.

0 response[s]: