"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Monday, December 24, 2007

Chupacabra

Yesterday, a bunch of us went to Churrascaria for our annual Christmas dinner combined with celebrating people's birthdays for the month. I tell you I can never trust people's overrated reviews anymore. The food was not that cracked up to be. Their beef tasted weird. As if the beef was thrown in a frying pan and cooked until its juices and fat came out and flavored it, giving it a horrible horrible taste. The only thing that I enjoyed there was the lamb which did not make its appearance often. I see that they control customers' intake of the food whereby the waiters will occasionally bring out meat on skewers and goes from table to table asking if anybody would like them. They then proceed to use their machetes to slice and slide the meat onto your plate. Having such a large sharp object so near to my face never made me comfortable. The table was also set in a way that people from end of the table could not communicate with people on the other end. You could say the people in the middle of the long table benefited from both 'worlds'.

I was quite stuffed at the dinner. Apparently the rest of them were not. They wanted to have McDonald's ice cream after that. I could imagine my face turning green at that point of time. What the heck, I followed them just to chat and spend time with them seeing that this kind of thing only comes once a year. Overall it was pleasant I guess due to us rarely being able to gather for dinner occasions like this.

Hopefully I can borrow some images taken at the dinner. Hopefully the camera was friendly to me, else you will not be seeing shots of my face. Perhaps that would be a blessing to some of y'all.

0 response[s]: