"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Thursday, January 3, 2008

InQuest & Intern

I was checking around for information on InQuest magazine. To my sad surprise, they announced that they were discontinuing the magazine as of September 2007. Just when I was preparing to get back into MTG. InQuest provides information regarding latest MTG cards, pricing as well as ratings for each and every card there is for MTG.

The magazine was not just limited to articles related to MTG but also news and interests which subscribers would have read as well. InQuest, you shall be missed. Hopefully there will be a replacement for it. Kind of miss having some form of hard copy of card lists, ratings and pricing.

* * * * *

Entered the office today to see a girl sitting at the far end of the room. As my usual self, I played it cool; walking to my desk pretending I did not notice her. A while after, my boss calls me into his room. He tells me that she is a new intern fresh out of high school awaiting her exam results... and I was suppose to teach her how to use some image editing tools within her time with us.

I introduced myself and asked her questions to find out her interests and past times to see if I could use any of them to relate to and make her learning experiences with the company enjoyable. That did not work out too well. Turns out she has a very limited scope of interests and does not sound like she is exposed to much media. The only thing she expressed great interest in are Korean movies and Korean boy bands.

*sigh*

When asked the reason she chose to dive into this field, her response was the influence of her friends. Wonderful! It seems like an evergreen trend since I can remember back in my days. I am now curious to find out in which college she is planning to enroll.

0 response[s]: