"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Monday, January 7, 2008

Treasure and Prosperity

I wish every week could be started off like this.

It was just another day at the office. This time around I was the only one who came to work on time and was alone for a bit until my colleague/boss came in later than his usual time. Followed by the intern at around noon and my main boss after lunch. It was quite lively for a bit when my boss was asking my colleague/boss about some recommendations related to computers. He was pro-mac while I was pro... practicality. I would not say I am pro-pc but to me it is the most practical operating system and widely used at the moment, hence easier to get around. I would like to own an Apple computer along with having a Windows based computer so I have the best of both worlds in their respective casings. Anyways the office atmosphere got lively when we were discussing about computers and their uses depending on what a person needed.

I was waiting for the elevator on my way out for lunch today when one of the elevators' door opened. I was about to step in as usual when I noticed the elevator was halfway down with the doors still wide opened. I paused for a while trying to register what was going on. I saw two legs standing on top of the elevator. It looked like the guy was cleaning the insides of the elevator shaft. I proceeded to do a 180 degree turn and headed down the fire escape stairs instead of waiting for the cursed elevator.

It is rare occasion that I do lunches on working days. I decided to eat chup fun or as some would call it; economy rice. I do not see how economical it is anymore. Especially when they charged RM4.70 for some vegetables, a fried egg and 2 thin slices of luncheon meat. RM4.70!!! Outrageous. I could have acquired a large plate of char kuay teow for RM.4.50 and would be stuffed silly by it.

* * * * *

After office hours it was rush to 1 Utama. I met up with Afzal to catch a movie. We watched National Treasure: Book of Secrets. It is a sequel to the first movie which Afzal and I also watched. While waiting for the cinema to be opened, we got some refreshments. I needed something to sustain me throughout the movie because we had not eaten dinner yet. I got myself popcorn to share and a regular coke for myself while Afzal had a large coke. Looking at the size of his cup; it was huge, I asked him if he was sure he could finish that entire thing and made some jokes about having to go to the bathroom halfway throughout the movie. The joke was actually on me, and later to my knowledge, Afzal too. We both had to go to the bathroom badly around halfway through the movie, but none of us wanted to miss any part of the movie. it got really bad towards the end. Towards the end it became worse. Speaking of the movie, I could swear only Afzal and I were the only two persons laughing at the jokes in the film. Everybody else was just retarded.

Spoiler:
Towards the end there was a scene of a sunken temple with water flowing here and there. There was also this scene where there were floods and heavy waters and currants flowing. I tell you, that was not fun. It felt as if all the water being drained in this part of the movie was all being siphoned into my bladder.

Never in my life was I so anxious to get to the end of the movie. I had to walk really slow and funny. Here begins my agonizing struggle to the bathroom. I had to walk a flight of stairs which exit led to the car park. From there I had to cross a drive way into the entrance to Parkson. I had to take two flights of escalators and head across from Parkson to the bathroom beside MPH. That was the longest journey I ever had in my entire life. This journey caused me to have a temporary tourette syndrome. Every step closer and closer to the bathroom was accompanied with a burst of 'Fuck!'

Afzal was cool enough to let me have the first cubicle available. I have never felt more relieved.

After a whole world had been lifted off, we then headed for dinner. We had the Prosperity Meal at McDonalds. I will learn from Afzal, in not ordering the green tea that comes with their meal as it is more expensive than regular coke and does not taste that great.

All in all I had a great time as usual hanging out with Afzal. Reminds me of the good old days where we used to do it more often than not especially those walks around the mall late at night when all shops are closed and nobody is around to clutter the place. Looking forward to doing it even more in the future! The year has only begun man!

0 response[s]: