"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Ressurection

Spent the entire Friday night till Saturday night trying to recover my precious lost files. Took me tries of 3 different programs and whole lot of going through junk files before I managed to recover all my files. They were all intact and so far none that looks corrupted.

Through this traumatizing event, I have learn that files that are deleted or formatted will never truly be gone from the harddisk until it is replaced by something else. What the deletion and formation does is mark the discarded files as 'empty space' to be a green light for news files to write over. Naturally since I accidentally wiped my harddisk out, there would be nothing to replace them yet. Acting fast, I managed to recover my stuff.

I win.

0 response[s]: