"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Paying for Better Vision

Went to Low Yat with Marcus today. Thanks for the ride Marcus! Must buy you dinner sometime!

Bought myself a new video card as well as a power supply to go with it incase my new video card would require more power than my current power supply could provide. The vendor there persuaded me to go over budget to get a better model of a video card which I inevitably succumbed. I now owe Marcus money for paying the extra for the video card. Oddly enough the speakers I want (see my wishlist) is still nowhere to be seen. Oh well... saves me some as long as it is not out.

Testing it out on Unreal Tournament 3 and Portal returned good results in terms of performance. I thought to myself, since these graphic intense games seemed to be fine. World of Warcraft would look even better as it was not very heavy in visuals. For some strange reason I still had the similar frames per second as I would have with my previous video card. However visuals were indubitably better; sharper and more vibrant. I am still stumped as to what is preventing me from acquiring a higher FPS as my friends normally have. I only get half of what they get. More investigations!

0 response[s]: