"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Weird Dream Waking Up to A Scare

Woke up from a dream. A really award winning episode this time around.

The first part of the dream, I was still a college/uni student. The campus in my dream was that of the university which I went to when I was in Australia. Now while I was studying in Australia, I had to either walk or take the train to my campus as my house was kind of a distance from the campus, however it was still within walking distance. In my dream, my accommodation, was some apartment which looked something like Nagato Yuki's apartment in The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. The exteriors at least. I never got to see what the inside looked like. So everyday I would walk to and from campus traveling across meadow-like and farm-like plains with shops that resemble that of the ones in Melbourne.

The story kind of fast forwards to me already knowing this girl which looked like a cross between a young Emma Stone (from Superbad) and a young Lindsay Lohan. She looked really really sweet. I have no idea how I got to know her in the dream. She had the physical appearance of being an early teen. As I write this my memory of the details of this part is fading. All I can remember is that there was a long part about me walking her to her house somewhere in the setting aforementioned, but I already knew where she lived and knew what her house looked like. Her house looked like some European mansion with spires on the dark blue roof.

* * * * *

Alright now to the second part. I think my imagination pattern is kind of messed up but oh well. Shit. I cannot remember how the starting part goes however it has something to do with Claire Danes and Steve Martin. Some of you know that they both starred in a movie together, perhaps that was where my brain picked it up, though I never really watched that movie. It was something about them being rather 'close' friends and I was somehow watching her from a distance, and I don't know possibly having feelings for her? Just a disclaimer, I never ever was attracted to her in real life. It did not feel like I was stalking her whenever she was out with Steve, rather the way how I was watching her was like me watching them on screen, like an audience.

Anyway, there came a part where there was a police investigation at a crime scene, outside of this long U shaped building which was dark and gloomy in appearance. Apparently something happened to Claire Danes. It was not clear whether she was murdered or kidnapped or something else. All I knew was that she was no longer in the picture. Steve Martin was supposed to investigate on the case because apparently he was a detective/inspector? Probably my mind picked that up from Pink Panther (what the fuck. I know). I followed him on his trail of investigation until a certain point it got really serious where the authorities told him that his assistance was no longer needed and they were bringing in the big people. So in comes this FBI'ish looking guy which in my mind was giving mix portrayal between William Fichtner and... some other actor who I cannot remember anymore. He was supposed to be old and either had white hair or was balding, also one of those good at acting as the villain.

I was following this FBI'ish guy around trying to pursue something. Yes from investigation it became a pursuit. However this guy, like William Fichtner's role in Prison Break, was going around killing people that would have been useful to the investigation. In my sane mind, what he was doing was horrible and I actually saw the blood coming out from these people in results of him shooting them in cold blood. However my self in the dream was indifferent and unmoved by it. All this took place in the said building, which interiors kind of looked like a computer game, a mild resemblance to Black Mesa of Halflife.

The ending of this dream came to a part where this guy was sort of in hot pursuit of his target, whatever the heck it was, in a long corridor in one of the highest floors of the building with windows lined up all along the right side of us as the windows were overlooking the wing of the U shaped building. All of a sudden from both ends of the corridor came more FBI kind of people to arrest this William Fichtner guy. Instead of surrendering to them, I broke a window pain using the handle of a gun for him to jump out. He had a para gliding parachute kind of thing which he activated as he jumped out. Needless to say providing him a safe landing.

That is all I can remember of this story.

* * * * *

The next scene was Steve Martin having dinner with Claire Danes at this very expensive restaurants. The kind where they only accept really high class people, where the interiors were decorated like those British or European setting. For some reason I was sitting beside Claire Danes as if I was intruding their 'date'. Steve Martin was trying to hide his disappointment in me being there while Claire Danes felt secure and happy that I was with her, as if that she and I were secretly an item. This scene consisted mostly of deciding what to eat. Their menu was so out of place though. The menu had graphical images of the food that the place served. The food in the menu were not what they would serve in fancy restaurants like this. The food that was shown in the menu were variance of fish and chips and other meals that were accompanied with fries.

I could not really remember how the ending went, because I woke up. This dream I had, were quite detailed in terms of the things I saw, however it would be rather difficult to explain. If only I could illustrate what I saw in my dreams.

* * * * *

I woke up and read an sms from my colleague who is also one of my bosses, asking me if I should be in office today as office officially opens today. That scared me a little. However I logged into my email account and checked and confirmed that my other boss said that office opens tomorrow, January 3, 2008. I relayed that to my colleague and said he could access my email and check it if he would like. His response was "I must be too eager to work then."

1 response[s]:

Rayn said...

O_O...this is the weirdest dream i have ever heard of in utmost detail. What a way to start the new year...like WTF-is-going-on-in-your-brains-man kind of shit. Scary stuff...