"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pnews Reviews 09.01.08

Raja Zarith says Fluency in language does not mean one is unpatriotic.
The wife of the Tengku Mahkota of Johor has expressed her opinions of the importance of being fluent in the English language with compelling reasons being that the knowledge of the language would be useful in everyday activities as well as international communications.

Original article here.


I am amused that there are still people who think being fluent in English makes them pro-British, pro-English or even pro-American in regards to being unpatriotic. It is really retarded to make such baseless assumptions. I can tell you now that my command of English helped me get around while I was studying overseas a whole lot more than say, my ability (or lack thereof) to converse in Chinese dialects.


Beware of Strangers Looking for Their 'Pets'
I was reading this particular article. Where some guy tricked a six year old girl into following him in search of his 'cat'. It reminded me of what happened to my friend not too long ago. She was walking her dog in her own neighborhood when some strange guy drove up to her and asked her if she had seen his dog. Of course my friend just said no and walked off. This country has a lot of weirdos. Be very careful especially when it comes to strangers. If you notice their opening questions a little silly or unusual. Just act stupid and avoid them at all costs.

0 response[s]: