"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Teh Tarik & Chicken

Went to serve teh tarik at YMCA again today. The turn out was only a few as there was some other function for the blind. The volunteers who showed up today actually outnumber our 'customers' by a large ratio. I am starting to think they have more happening lives than me.

* * * * *

Enoch and I proceeded to Sri Hartamas for lunch. We went to try this place called BBQ Chicken. Name sounded ordinary but I was looking forward to eating some non-beef dish after my activities this week. I ate too many burgers this week and it is actually making me jelak. This place takes the claims of being Korea's No. 1 Chicken Restaurant being proud of using 100% extra virgin olive oil for their chicken.


Service was pretty slow. We waited for more than half an hour. It felt as if they actually had to hunt down chickens. Enoch and I imagined the chef chasing some chickens down the road beside the place. We also witnessed them serving customers that arrived and ordered after us. After a long while finally the food arrived.


A long wait and that was it!?


Enoch ordered the Original Chicken set which consisted of 3 pieces of chicken, coleslaw and mashies.


I ordered the Hot Hot Drum set which consisted of 3 pieces of chicken, coleslaw and mashies.

Well this was the last time I get adventurous with food especially spicy stuff. The chicken burnt my tongue in terms of spiciness. It was so hot I burst out into sweat. Now I was always quite sensitive when it comes to hot stuff; be it temperature or spiciness. Atmosphere or food. I sweat easily even they are stuff I can handle.

However this time around it was really hot. I was raining. It felt as if I was eating thorns. That was not my problem though. My problem was paying RM17.50 for what would have been an equivalent of a Dinner Plate at KFC, which would have been cheaper and just as filling. The Original Chicken tasted better than the Hot Hot Drum. Probably due to the Hot Hot Drum tasting nothing but pure spiciness.

0 response[s]: