"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ain't Nothing Gonna Break My Stride (again?)

Classic titles are always good.

I am back online with a new harddisk that is bigger and faster than my previous one. It finally was clear that the harddisk is dying. I had to plug the dying harddisk as a slave and evacuate all my precious files to my new one which took quite a long while as I have loads of files and the faulty harddisk kept dying every few minutes. So it was like a game to see how fast I can transfer as much files over as possible having to shut down and turn my computer on again to get the faulty harddisk to work everytime it passes out.

I would like to give my gratitude to the Seagate Barracuda(I call it barrakote) 7200.7, 200GB. It has stuck with me through thick and thin starting from when I was in Australia studying and gaming all up until now. It had a very hard and stressful life with the amount of stuff I do. It can finally rest in peace for the rest of its days. Until I find somebody to throw it at.

My new primary harddisk is a Maxtor 320GB(yes Max, feed your ego) which in actual is only about 300GB. I do not understand why they create harddisk to give you less space than stated. They should make it give more than stated. That way it will attract more kiasu customers like myself thinking it will be value for money and in turn draw more profit from more customers. This thing is able to transmit data at 3Gb/s thanks to my motherboard. I do feel the speed especially when formatting, followed by installing the operating system.

0 response[s]: