"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Friday, August 17, 2007

Toneless Roma

I went for dinner with my mom last night. We planned to go Tony Roma's for a while now having good expectations from them. Since it was from America like Chili's it was supposed to be good. So we went there and well it looked decent neat and tidy and all.



That was from out sitting table which was spacious in width, sadly like most places design with the common Malaysians' anatomy where most everybody is considered short with short legs. Anyways I was impressed when I looked at the cutlery which was wrapped in black napkin. I love black fabrics that are used for non-clothing related purposes.



We ordered the Onion Loaf for starters which sounded like it could rival Chili's Awesome Blossom...



... boy I was wrong...
One bite of the onion and the waiter appeared out of no where and asked "How are the onions?" All I could say was "It tastes like onions." Which reminds me of a noob waiter who asked me how was my burger before I could even bite into it. The onions were just ordinary onions fried in batter. Nothing special you cannot get from chinese 'dai chows'.

A while after our main courses came. I ordered the steak combo, which comprised of a 6oz steak, chicken tenders, coleslaw and fries. My mom ordered the grilled Mahi Mahi fish which came with rice, brocollis and salsa thingy.


The Steak Combo...


Grilled Mahi Mahi

I ordered my steak medium. It came well done on the outside, like almost burnt while the inside was tough and chewy like rubber. I hurt my teeth going through it. The 'chicken tenders' that came with it looked like they were almost burnt to crisps also very tough to eat. My mom's fish as well was not tender and juicy. It was tough as well like tuna. We gave our comments to the waitress in charge about the condition of our food. She apologized, even acknowledging my steak was sucky. All they had to show for it was a free desert, which was a cheesecake that should not even qualify to be sold at that kind of place.

I shall not be visiting there again.

0 response[s]: