"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

You Have Got To Be Kidding Me!

I decided to go have dinner on my own after work today. I drove to 1 Utama because it was the nearest mall around. Well there is Atria but nothing much to see there. Surprisingly, I managed to find a parking by the entrance in the new wing. Since I was by myself I decided to go eat wherever the I wanted to and nobody was around to say anything about it. The only problem was that I did not know what to have for dinner. While walking around I could not help but notice this girl staring at me. In fact if I did not know any better, I could have sworn she was following me a fair bit while I was walking around. Of course she tried not to make herself obvious but I am not blur. Being myself the one who is never afraid of confronting people, I decided to turn around and walk up to her to ask what was up. When I went up to her, I was going to start my sentence with "Is there a prob..." That was when I realized that she was rather cute which caused me to trip all over myself with my words. I felt like a right idiot there and then. There I was trying to be all cool and smart when one look into her eyes just rendered me dumb. Silent dumb and retarded dumb. She looked like was expecting me to say something with her eyes looking at me while her hands were clenched held up to her chin. I stuttered and struggled to form the few words "Uh... is there something wrong?"

She looked at me with an expression as though she did not imagined my voice to sound the way it was. She gave a sheepish smile while looking nervously everywhere but at me and said, "I wanted to find out if it was true... That you're a celebrity..."

My heart skipped a beat. What the heck!? Who told her that? Who would have the audacity to deceive this poor girl like that? Moreover, how could she have believed such a story? Hundreds of questions were cycling through my mind at that very second but I had to get back to reality. I snapped out of it and smiled rather dumbly and politely denied that I was in anyway a celebrity let alone related to the show business industry at all. Telling her this, I expected her to be only a little disappointed and that she would just forget all about it, releasing me from her life, foregoing that I ever existed where life goes on despite the fact.

"No! Don't lie to me! I am not stupid! I will not believe such an obvious lie! You're just saying that to hide yourself so that you don't make a scene and attract unwanted attention!"

At that point of time she was right. I did want to hide myself away from the world because she was making a scene and people were starting to stare at us wondering what harm have I caused this girl. This girl who was so convinced that I was denying to be somebody famous who is trying avoid her and the public by any means. Not to draw anymore attention from people who seemed like they were going to send me to the police station after they had their fun of dishing out 'justice' on me whom they think had hurt the girl in some way, I brought her to the benches which were outside one of the bathrooms to explain to her properly. It was usually quiet there. Nobody would want to hang out around a public bathroom area.

I looked at her with with a rather annoyed and serious expression wanting to tell her once and for all that she surely has mistaken me for somebody else. As I looked at her, she had this defiant look and her eyes were welling up with tears. That broke my heart instantly, sapping whatever strength that was left in me and left me numb for the moment. She looked so adorably cute with that look on her face that it melt my heart. Trying not to protect myself from being made vulnerable by her look, I faced down to the floor told her, "I am sorry but I am not the person you think I am."

0 response[s]: