"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Friday, August 17, 2007

Multi Tasking

I find life's pleasure in simple things like having McDonald's breakfast. I was walking to work while eating. I thought it would save time and make things easier for me to take the hash brown out from its paper package and stick it in the Sausage McMuffin I was eating when lo and behold I approached a flight of stairs going downwards. It was a tall flight of stairs as I was on an overhead bridge which spanned across a highway. So my brain hung when I was doing all of that while walking and trying to take a step down the stairs when suddenly I lost balance. I would have tumbled down the stairs maybe breaking a few bones or even my neck or spine which might have caused me to die without finishing my McMuffin and hash brown. What a waste that would have been. Thankfully I had fast reflexes and leaned backwards as if I was going to sit on the stairs to bring my weight back, preventing me from falling forward down the stairs. I also blame my well worn Nike Air which I bought a while back while I was in Australia. They are very nice and comfortable shoes and carried me almost everywhere I went in Melbourne. I walked everywhere I needed to go. The shoes grip now are almost bald but surprisingly still grippy however it is not leveled anymore which is why I tend to lose balance while walking up and down stairs. Which took that near death experience to bring me to realization. Although I cannot bear to part with that pair of shoes, I am sad to say that I have to. They do not make shoes like those anymore.

Sorry, I still am pretty much alive!

0 response[s]: