"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Momomomomo

I went to a Japanese buffet place called Momo at centerpoint yesterday to celebrate my friend, Enoch's birthday along with others. Initially we were expecting to have more of us show up but two of them were sick and another two just did not like Japanese food. Perhaps they still have this misconception that all Japanese eat are raw fish. It was alright I guess, nothing really special and the variety of stuff was pretty limited. However their meat were fresh and tender which made a lot of difference.

I am creating a new found theory whereby buffets tend to attract selfish idiots. This woman who was in front of me was standing at the teppanyaki counter doing nothing. Initially she was deciding which type of meat to pick but eventually just stood there looking at the counter left and right repeatedly and at one point seemed like she gave up altogether. All that and she still stood there doing nothing. I was trying to get my meats and gtfo of that place while she was just standing there doing nothing. I was so tempted to make a rude comment before I left. How blind can you be woman!? Or rather, this is not your father's restaurant!

While waiting to get some ice cream from the ice cream bar, I saw this uncle trying to put the entire contents of the bar into his bowl. It took him long enough. I could not help noticed that the back of his shirt read 'God @ Work'. Okay... That is such an ironic sight.

After dinner I followed one of my friends, Bee Lee to Cineleisure as he wanted to go look at anime/manga related products. Here is the funny thing. He says he is fasting from anime, however looking at still images/objects is fine. Somehow it just seems like compromising to me but hey its his fasting.

0 response[s]: