"It is not merely of some importance but is of fundamental importance that justice should not only be done,
but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be done.
"

- Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Wickend!

So last night I had dinner with Shawn, its our usual thing. We always have dinner on Friday nights only this time around we stayed on where we ate and played a beat-em-up game on his laptop till the batteries died. We then proceeded to my place to pick off where we stopped on my rig(desktop). Fun times!

* * * * *

I had lunch today with Marcus. My high school friend Marcus. Finally after years we managed to meet up and catch up on times. It was weird he showed up with a funky hairstyle which I thought he intended that way until much later he said that was how it was when he woke up. After lunch we ended up talking for so long until we realized that it was getting quite late. Yeah did not realize that we could talk so much about nothing for that long. Ah the good old days are back. I am quite happy that I have another close friend whom has returned to stay especially since he can drive too hehehe. I think he was trying to grow a beard/goatee. Seems more successful than most others I know.

* * * * *

On another story, I was supposed to hitch a ride with another friend to church tonight but apparent he got invited to go for a church's dinner event which is alleged to be for the Youth(the teen group in church) as well as the YA (the young adults whom are working group). A little inside information here. The Youth and YA group used to be very close holding projects together and the like until an incident which happened last year which caused the YA to keep their distance from the Youth as to avoid anymore unnecessary conflicts. Upon hearing that the YA was invited, I merely chaffed at the thought of it. I doubt the core members of YA would show up.

So yeah back on track, this dinner event is held at a certain someone's house. My friend mentioned that he was suppose to give me a ride to church and in response to the host, that I am also invited to come along. HAH! Like hell I would attend. After I was told not to bother that family by the host herself. The host presents herself as somebody righteous and walks a close path with God. The one who looks at me as if nothing happened, and if it did happen it was no big deal.

I cannot help but wonder if the host invited me knowing that I would not accept such invitation as well as her doing so for maintaining her reputation to those who are oblivious to the past. Other people are in fact oblivious because if word had gotten out the host would be viewed differently and not in a good way. Then again, I was always seen as a deviant and a bad influence in the church I grew up in anyway so I guess it is more of a disadvantage to one who does not hide one's true views and opinions.

Now I am not sure if I want to set foot in church tonight.

0 response[s]: